Marion Center Says Farewell of Exchange Student, Candela

Mackenzie Thomas, Sports and Feature Editor

Marion Center Area High School had the pleasure of welcoming a student from Spain to spend a year studying abroad. The student, whose name is Candela, came to the US with so much excitement and curiosity to learn about American culture. Candela was hosted by the Lipsie family who opened their home to her and made her feel welcome from the very beginning. The experience was nothing short of extraordinary as she had an amazing time, made many friends, and created unforgettable memories that will stay with her for a lifetime.

Candela’s time in Marion Center was filled with so much excitement as she got to explore many places throughout the US. Her host family took her to several national parks, historical landmarks, and other tourist attractions. She was able to meet other exchange students from countries such as Germany and Italy.

One of the biggest highlights of Candela’s time in Marion Center was getting to play sports. While in Spain, she never had the opportunity to run track and field or volleyball, but fortunately, Marion Center Area High School allowed her to join their sports team. Candela was able to learn some of the basic skills and made a lot of friends who not only helped her learn the game but also made her feel like she was part of the team. She will always cherish the memories of playing with her teammates who became some of her closest friends while being here in the US.

Apart from sports, Candela was also able to participate in various extracurricular activities like the Heritage Conference Science team. She also had nearly perfect attendance for the school year. She was able to hone her skills and contribute to the high school community in a positive way. Through her hard work and dedication, Candela became a role model for other students, demonstrating that anything is possible with hard work and perseverance.

Overall, Candela’s experience in Marion Center was nothing short of amazing, and she was able to create memories that will last a lifetime. She was able to make so many friends, learned a lot about American culture, and had the opportunity to travel to different parts of the US. Her time at Marion Center was made even more special by her host family, the Lipsies, who welcomed her into their home and treated her like a member of their family.

In conclusion, Marion Center Area High School was privileged to welcome a student from Spain, Candela, to spend the year studying abroad. Candela’s experience here was filled with so many exciting opportunities that allowed her to learn about herself as well as the American culture. She made a lot of amazing memories, got the chance to travel, played sports, and participated in various extracurricular activities making the most of every opportunity presented to her. The Lipsie family played a crucial role in Candela’s experience by providing her with a warm and welcoming home. We are grateful for this experience, and we hope that Sofia enjoyed her time in Marion Center as much as we enjoyed having her here.