The Student News Site of Marion Center Area High School

The Stinger

75° Marion Center, PA

The Stinger

The Stinger

Winter Concerts are Approaching

Come Out to Support Your Marion Center Band and Choir!

Mark your calendars for December 6th and 19th because Marion Center’s Christmas concerts are right around the corner! Students involved in the music department have been working hard to prepare for this exciting night. Come and enjoy several unique performances by Marion Center’s very own junior high concert band, senior high concert band, jazz band, junior high choir, and senior high choir.

On December 6th at 7:00 PM, the Marion Center concert bands and jazz band will be performing their Christmas concerts in the auditorium. Mr. Page, the band director at Marion Center Area High School, will be conducting each of the ensembles. The junior high concert band will perform several songs, including Santa the Barbarian by Randall D. Standridge and Dragon Slayer by Rob Grice. After the junior high concert band concludes their performance, senior high will take the stage and perform The Nutcracker and other titles. Following the senior high concert band’s performance, Marion Center’s jazz band will be performing All I Want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey, Milestones by Miles Davis, and Silver Bells by Ray Evans and Jay Livingston. The jazz band’s performance of Silver Bells will feature vocal soloist, Brittany McIntire.

On December 19th at 7:00 PM, the Marion Center choirs will be performing in the auditorium directed by Mrs. Stolarz. The junior high choir will begin the show by performing several pieces, including Exsultate Cantamos Festivo by Jay Althouse and Under Winter Moon by Andy Beck. Afterward, the senior high choir will be performing an assortment of songs. Following those two performances, there will be a combined number of Walking in a Winter Wonderland by Richard Smith and Felix Bernard.

You won’t want to miss these exciting performances!

Donate to The Stinger

Your donation will support the student journalists of Marion Center Area High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.