The Student News Site of Marion Center Area High School

The Stinger

73° Marion Center, PA

The Stinger

The Stinger

Favorite Christmas Movies

What are your favorite Christmas movies?
Molly+Spence
Molly Spence

Everybody loves watching  Christmas movies with their family.

IMDb.com

One of my favorite Christmas movies is The Grinch. Everyone has watched at least some time in their lifetime. Christmas isn’t always about the presents, It’s actually about kindness and being together. The Grinch didn’t have what you would call a great childhood. He got bullied for being different from everyone else. The Grinch is a sad, grumpy person living alone on the top of Mount Crumpit with his beloved dog, Max. The Grinch has no close relationships with anyone inside or outside of Whoville. The only social relationship he has is with his dog, Max.  He goes around Whoville mixing up people’s mail, and stealing gifts, decorations, and trees despite his unhappiness. Cindy Lou Who, a child resident of Whoville, caught the Grinch stealing the Christmas tree, and in the end, he returned it. At the end of the movie, he realizes that it isn’t Christmas he hates, it’s being alone and disliked. 

Another favorite Christmas movie would be Elf.

IMDb.com

Elf is a funny movie and can make anyone laugh at some point in the movie. Elf is a great movie to watch with family.  Buddy, a human, climbed into Santa’s present sack and got taken to the North Pole as a toddler, and he was raised by Santa’s elves. He travels to the U.S. in search of his actual father, Walter Hobbs. The only problem is, that Santa tells Buddy that his father is on the naughty list. After finding someone who he thinks is his father, they take a DNA test, and it turns out they are father and son, and Walter starts to create a relationship with Buddy. Buddy meets another human, Jovie, who works at Gimbles and slowly falls in love with her. 

I hope you like these movies too, as they’re my favorites. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! 

Donate to The Stinger

Your donation will support the student journalists of Marion Center Area High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.