The Student News Site of Marion Center Area High School

The Stinger

74° Marion Center, PA

The Stinger

The Stinger

Descendants the Musical

Descendants the Musical

Musical rehearsals are well underway for Marion Center’s 2024 production of Disney’s Descendants. After Mrs. Stolarz announced the musical before winter break, those who wanted to participate in the musical auditioned for the roles they wanted in the beginning of January.

As the first movie came out in 2015, our age range was the target audience for the movie’s inital release, making this musical feel very nostolgic for many of those who are participating as well as those who plan on watching. The story follows Mal (daughter of Maleficent), Evie (daughter of Evil Queen), Jay (son of Jafar), and Carlos (son of Cruella DeVille) as they move into society with the children of the protagonists of these old Disney movies. We follow their antics in their new environment and how they adapt to the sudden changes in their way of living.

Disney is known for creating amazing music for their movies and Descendants is no different. With tunes like the opener “Rotten to the Core” and the heartfelt “If Only”, the music for this show is phenomenal and we have amazing musicians who will do this well written music justice.

The show is set to premire in March where there will be three showings. Come out to support your Marion Center Theatre Department as they are already working incredibly hard to make this show happen, and the work will only become greater as we come closer to opening night of the show.

Congratulations to all members of the cast and crew and we are so excited to see this show!

Donate to The Stinger

Your donation will support the student journalists of Marion Center Area High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.