The Student News Site of Marion Center Area High School

The Stinger

64° Marion Center, PA

The Stinger

The Stinger

County Band and Choir

Indiana County Music Educators Association

While the highly competitive PMEA festivals are just starting, a less competitive, fun festival takes place. County band and choir are festivals where an ensemble is put together from select members of each school in the county. There are no auditions, no moving on to the next level, and not very much pressure. They are just festivals where you can meet other musicians and come together to make music with different people than you normally do.

County band happened in early January this year hosted by United, but held at Penns Manor. At the festival, all students are separated into two bands: the Jr. High band and the Sr. High band. County band is a two-day festival and at the end of the second day, all members of the two bands performed the music they had been practising together.

County choir happened later in the month of January and was only a one-day festival hosted by Homer Center at Homer Center. County choir is also separated into two ensembles, but instead of it being by age, participants are separated into a Treble and Bass choir (to be put more simply, a girls and boys choir). The last song of the performance though, is a combined number where the bass choir joins the treble choir.

About 30 Marion Center students attended county band, choir, or both and they all represented our music department very well. If you see any students that partook in these festivals, you should congratulate them on a great concert.

To keep up with the Marion Center band, follow @marion_center_bands on Instagram.

Donate to The Stinger

Your donation will support the student journalists of Marion Center Area High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.