The Student News Site of Marion Center Area High School

The Stinger

80° Marion Center, PA

The Stinger

The Stinger

FBLA Week Celebrations at Marion Center Area High School: Igniting Future Business Leaders

FBLA+Members
FBLA Members

As the halls of Marion Center Area High School buzzed with enthusiasm, students donned their finest jerseys, embraced their patriotic spirit, and splashed color into their wardrobes for Tie-Dye Tuesday. Why, you may ask? Well, it’s FBLA Week – a time of celebration and camaraderie for the members of Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA).

For those unfamiliar with the acronym, FBLA stands for Future Business Leaders of America, a premier student business organization that prepares students for careers in business and leadership roles. It provides a platform for students to develop essential skills such as communication, teamwork, and problem-solving through various activities, competitions, and community service initiatives.

At Marion Center Area High School, FBLA Week unfolded in a whirlwind of excitement and school spirit. Each day brought a unique theme, encouraging students to express themselves and showcase their enthusiasm for the club:

• Jersey Day: Kicking off the week, students proudly sported their favorite team jerseys, representing their passion for sports and teamwork – essential qualities for aspiring business leaders.
  • America Monday: The school transformed into a sea of red, white, and blue as students celebrated their patriotic pride. From flag-inspired outfits to American-themed accessories, the halls echoed with a sense of unity and national spirit.
  • Tie-Dye Tuesday: Adding a splash of color to the week, Tie-Dye Tuesday encouraged students to unleash their creativity. Vibrant tie-dye shirts, socks, and even headbands adorned the corridors, reflecting the diverse talents and personalities within the school community.

Beyond the festive celebrations, the FBLA club at Marion Center  High School has its sights set on a bigger stage – the State Leadership Conference in April. With months of preparation and dedication ahead, members are eagerly honing their skills and refining their projects in anticipation of the statewide competition. We have a reputable past with strong state performances, and we don’t doubt that this year will be the same. Seniors, Miranda Leasure, Mackenzie Thomas, and Venecia Johnston have all expressed their excitement and eagerness to compete at Hershey for their final time in their respective events.

Mr. Ellenberger and his Future Business Leaders of America BeReal

From business plan presentations to marketing campaigns, Marion Center’s FBLA chapter is leaving no stone unturned in its quest for success. Under the guidance of dedicated advisors and the support of fellow members, students are not only striving for victory but also embracing the invaluable learning experiences that FBLA offers.

As FBLA Week draws to a close, the halls may return to their usual rhythm, but the spirit of entrepreneurship and leadership ignited during this week will continue to thrive within Marion Center Area High School. With the State Leadership Conference on the horizon, the future business leaders of Marion Center are poised and ready to make their mark on the world.

So, here’s to FBLA Week – a celebration of passion, teamwork, and the boundless potential of tomorrow’s leaders!

Donate to The Stinger

Your donation will support the student journalists of Marion Center Area High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.