The Student News Site of Marion Center Area High School

The Stinger

74° Marion Center, PA

The Stinger

The Stinger

Marion Center High School Student Makes ICTC History by Becoming Certified Phlebotomy Technician

McKenna+McCausland
McKenna McCausland

Marion Center Jr. Sr. High School is abuzz with excitement as one of its own, McKenna McCausland, a senior, has made history by becoming the first student from Indiana County Technology Center’s Health Occupations program to pass her certification examination and earn the title of Certified Phlebotomy Technician.

McKenna’s journey to this remarkable achievement was marked by dedication, perseverance, and hard work. To qualify for her certification, she diligently completed the required online modules and exams, maintaining an impressive average of at least 85%. Her training extended beyond the virtual realm as she honed her skills on manikins and underwent a rigorous clinical competency evaluation, earning her the opportunity to participate in clinical rotations at Indiana Regional Medical Center (IRMC).

During her time at IRMC, McKenna demonstrated her proficiency by successfully performing numerous venipunctures and capillary punctures, essential skills for any aspiring phlebotomist. Her hard-earned experience paved the way for her to confidently sit for her certification exam, which she conquered with determination and skill.

With her certification in hand, McKenna is now poised to make a meaningful impact in the field of healthcare. Armed with her knowledge and expertise, she will join the ranks of healthcare professionals, serving the needs of our community as a certified phlebotomist.

McKenna’s accomplishment serves as an inspiration to her peers and a testament to the exceptional education provided by the Indiana County Technology Center. Her dedication and success underscore the importance of passion, hard work, and determination in achieving one’s goals.

Congratulations to McKenna McCausland for her outstanding performance and for etching her name in the annals of ICTC history. As she embarks on this new chapter of her career, we have no doubt that she will continue to excel and make a difference in the lives of others.

Donate to The Stinger

Your donation will support the student journalists of Marion Center Area High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.