The Student News Site of Marion Center Area High School

The Stinger

64° Marion Center, PA

The Stinger

The Stinger

Excellence in Education, Who Are You Voting For?

Colonial Auto Group

Do you have a favorite teacher who deserves to get paid back for their positive influential duties? Fill out an Excellence in Education Teacher of the Year Nomination Form for a teacher today! Time is running out, the forms are due no later than March 29th. 

What is Excellence in Education?

“The purpose of the Excellence in Education program is to celebrate excellence in teaching and honor individuals who have made significant contributions to the students of Indiana County. This initiative, in partnership with the Colonial Family of Dealerships, will highlight teachers from each of the seven-county public school districts as well as Indiana County Technology Center (ICTC) throughout the school year and will culminate with the Indiana County Excellence in Education Award Banquet in May. One student and one teacher will be selected at this banquet, with each being awarded a brand-new automobile donated by Colonial.”

The Excellence in Education form is available for students to complete for their favorite teachers to get the recognition they deserve, not just recognition but, possibly a car! The teacher must meet certain criteria or requirements, the requirements are listed below. Anyone can fill out an Excellence in Education form, whether you’re a parent, student, community member or teacher, you can nominate a teacher to be a Marion Center Area School District Teacher of the Year.

Miss Hopper and her plaque

Last year, Miss Hopper won Marion Center Area School District Teacher of the Year.

Requirements for Excellence in Education

The teacher must…

– Be a pre-kindergarten to 12th-grade teacher

– Plan to continue the year teaching

– Be respected and admired by students, staff and parents

– Show expertise in their teaching field

– Help guide any and all students to success

– Collaborate with others to make an inclusive, respectful and positive environment

– Connects the classroom to the community to make a stronger community

– Show leadership inside and outside of the school

– Be inspiring to others

Hurry up, time is running out! Nominate your favorite teacher today! You can find the Google Form to vote for your favorite teacher below. Happy voting!

https://forms.gle/9uqAEkKtjKbWwRxU8

Donate to The Stinger

Your donation will support the student journalists of Marion Center Area High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.