The Student News Site of Marion Center Area High School

The Stinger

64° Marion Center, PA

The Stinger

The Stinger

State Bound

Screenshot
Screenshot

Congratulations to Charlie Marshall who has qualified for the All-State Wind Ensemble on trombone!

In order to qualify for All-State Wind Ensemble, Charlie had to audition against other students from our school to make it into District Band. To be eligible to audition for District Band, you must be in grades 10-12 and be part of your school’s band and you have to get chosen by your director in the complicated selection process. 

At District Band, he had to audition, but this time against kids all over PMEA District 3. After placing second at District Band, Charlie moved on to Region Band, where he received the highest score by twenty points, which was the greatest score of the entire festival. Later this month, he will travel to Erie for All-State Wind Ensemble.

Because he placed in the top half at Regions, he automatically qualifies for District Band next year. He will also be able to apply for All-Eastern Band next spring. All-Eastern Band has students from multiple states along the East Coast of the United States.

In order to make it this far, he has had to work very hard and spend a great deal of time practicing. He serves as a great role model to other students at our school.

Charlie’s success is a great reminder of what we are capable of, here at Marion Center Jr./Sr. High!

Congratulations, Charlie! We’re all wishing you best of luck at All-States!

Donate to The Stinger

Your donation will support the student journalists of Marion Center Area High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.