Senior Spotlight: Milayna Leasure

This year the Stinger Newspaper would like to recognize each of our seniors in the Senior Spotlight portion of our paper. We took the time to ask the class of 2023 some questions about themselves, and their time here at The Hive. Take some time today to read all about Milayna Leasure!

Milanya had a big dream to become a police officer one day as a child. Although that dream has since changed, she still has a love and passion for helping others and making an impact on the world. Throughout her high school career, she has also attended ICTC in the Health Occupations department. Her dream is to become an orthopedic surgeon, specializing in sports medicine.

Milayna has been actively involved in athletics and extracurriculars ever since she was in seventh grade here at Marion Center. She has played volleyball for 5 years as well as track and field for 5 years. She tells the Stinger News “The teamwork and family aspect of both of the sports makes it worth playing [and] competing.” In her track and field career, she has placed as high as seventh at the District championship. Not only has Milayna been an accomplished athlete, but she has also been named the Kiwanis Student of the Month at ICTC  for January 2023.

Milyana told the Stinger News that her life had been significantly impacted by the teachers and staff here at Marion Center. Her favorite classes here are  AP Literature and Composition with Mrs. Stadler and Succesful Living with Mrs.Kough. When teachers put in the extra effort to make sure their students have the best educational experience they can, it does not go unnoticed. “Mrs. Frank has inspired me so much. She is very passionate about the math that she teaches and makes sure that her students understand what is going on. I won’t forget how willing she was to stay after school to help me understand a topic better.” Milayna said.

Upon graduating in the spring, Milayna will miss so many things. She says that she will miss sports and her underclassmen friends the most. Milayna plans on going to a four-year college in Westminster, to continue her plans of becoming an Orthopedic Surgeon.

Her final farewell message to the underclassmen is: “Take every opportunity to have as much fun as you can while you’re here.”