NCA in Review

NCA in Review

Mackenzie Thomas, Sports and Entertainment Editor

Athletes here at Marion Center took the mat once again February 26-28th in Dallas, Texas to compete for the title of National Champions at the National Cheerleaders Association competition. Cheynne Pruner, Athena Shipley, Lillan Coble, and Mckenna Boring are all Turners Allstars of Indiana members and had the opportunity to represent their respective aged and skill-divided teams at the event. 

Historically TAI has taken the crown at this event. TAI Ice Queens, a level 4 Senior team continued that tradition. After 3 days of competition, the ladies of Ice Queens had a clean sweep and let in scoring for the weekend. Their average score for the weekend was 99.2, ahead of second place by what seems like a mile. This isn’t the first time that these ladies have won this big event, but their 5th NCA title.

The time and dedication these athletes put in are absolutely remarkable. Here at Marion Center, we are proud to have such strong-willed and determined students who put in the work in and out of the classroom. The next stop for TAI is UCA Internationals in Orlando, Florida from March 11-12.  Although it may be challenging to come out and support them far away, you can show your support by wishing them luck in the halls.