The Student News Site of Marion Center Area High School

The Stinger

56° Marion Center, PA

The Stinger

The Stinger

Lady Stingers On The Road To The KCAC

On Tuesday Night our girl’s volleyball team gave recognition to their senior players. Kaelee Elkin, Miranda Leasure, Abbey Smulik, and Anna Wilson (as pictured) walked across the floor to their parents for their last regular season home game. The ceremony was concluded by Abbey serving the ball to her fellow seniors. She was unable to play this season due to tearing her ACL in a preseason scrimmage.  

The ceremony preceded the match against Homer-Center. Mollie Shadle (junior) led the defense with 13 digs. Together Molly Beer (junior), Kaelee Elkin (senior), and Alivia Ruddock (freshman) added 28 digs. Natalie Black (sophomore) aided the team’s defense specialists by preventing the ball from crossing the plane of the net with 5 blocks. Kieler Elkin (sophomore) added 2 blocks. Olivia Gaston (junior) set the offense up with 21 assists. The girls defeated the Wildcats 3 to 0. 

Winning this game qualified the team for the Heritage Conference championships. These games will be held at the KCAC next Tuesday, October 24th. Doors open at 5 p.m. Go and support our lady stingers!

Donate to The Stinger

Your donation will support the student journalists of Marion Center Area High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.