The Student News Site of Marion Center Area High School

The Stinger

57° Marion Center, PA

The Stinger

The Stinger

End of the 2023 Volleyball Era

On Tuesday night, our beloved Lady Stingers faced off against the Richland Rams. Unfortunately, they came up short of a victory, bringing their successful season to a close.

Throughout this season, our volleyball team overcame numerous challenges. At the start of the season, our starting setter, Abbey Smulik, suffered an injury. It’s safe to say that there were concerns among the team about the season without Abbey. Junior player Brooke Butterworth emphasized the importance of a setter, stating, “A setter is one of the most crucial players on the team, as they touch the ball every play. Their performance can significantly influence the team’s success.” Olivia Gaston stepped up admirably, proving herself more than capable of securing victories for MC.

Not only did Olivia deliver wins, but she also led the team to the top of the conference, maintaining that position for several matches. However, a significant setback against Purchase Line temporarily shook the team’s confidence. This loss, along with a few others, led some to question whether KCAC was a contender for our Lady Stingers or not. Nevertheless, their unwavering determination demonstrated that they deserved a spot in the Heritage championships.

Our girls left spectators in awe by defeating Northern Cambria in the semifinals. They silenced any doubts about the legitimacy of their winning season and secured the second position in the conference, just behind Conemaugh Township.

While the Lady Stingers volleyball team may not have clinched the championship, they poured their hearts and souls into this season. Congratulations to the volleyball team on an exceptionally successful season

Donate to The Stinger

Your donation will support the student journalists of Marion Center Area High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.