The Student News Site of Marion Center Area High School

The Stinger

55° Marion Center, PA

The Stinger

The Stinger

Oh For Peeps Sake, Happy Easter!!!

THISDAYLIVE
THISDAYLIVE

Happy Easter to you! And happy spring break to all of the students out there! Easter, or Resurrection Day is a Christian festival and cultural holiday, celebrated to remember the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Easter is celebrated on different Sundays every year as it is based on a lunisolar calendar. A lunisolar calendar shows the Moon phase and time of the solar year or, the position of the Sun in the Earth’s sky. Easter falls on a Sunday between March 22nd and April 25th.

Do you dye eggs? Dying eggs is a tradition that has been around since Mesopotamian times, 8000 – 2000 BC and, is still an ongoing tradition in modern times. Families spend time together to celebrate Easter by dying eggs, typically chicken eggs. Originated in Ukraine, the beautiful Pysanky Egg, where you draw a grid pattern on the egg, then cover it in beeswax, after you let the wax harden you make special designs on the egg.  Sometimes the dyed eggs are used in Easter Egg hunts, other times, they use plastic eggs filled with some sort of goodie such as candy, money, small toys, etc.

Wikipedia
Southern Living

Some of the most popular Easter candies are Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs, Cadbury Creme Eggs, Starburst Jelly Beans, and one of the most recognizable; Peeps. Easter baskets usually contain at least one of these candies.

What do you prefer?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

However you spend your Easter and spring break we here at The Stinger hope you have an egg-citing Easter! We will see you back here on April 2nd!

Works Cited:
Wikipedia – History

Martha Stewart – Pysanky Egg

Fox8 – Popular Easter Candy

Donate to The Stinger

Your donation will support the student journalists of Marion Center Area High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.