The Student News Site of Marion Center Area High School

The Stinger

69° Marion Center, PA

The Stinger

The Stinger

Let’s Break This Down: The Musical

Lets Break This Down: The Musical

Marion Center High School presents, DISNEY’S DESCENDANTS: THE MUSICAL. Get ready for some epic music and dancing, because this show’s going to be awesome to the core. Directed by Ms. Chellise Stolarz, Ms.Kara Kutsch, Ms.Caitlin Kalgren, and Ms. Lyttle Tickets will be $10.00 for guests, $5.00 for current Marion Center students, and $3.00 for children under five years. Come on out and support Marion Center’s performers on March 22 at 7:00pm, and March 23 at 1:00pm and 7:00pm. We hope to see you there!

This musical is based off of Disney’s big hit, Descendants. Set in the beautiful kingdom of Auradon and the forsaken Isle of the Lost, the story follows the kids of some of the most famous Disney villains, such as Mal , the daughter of Maleficent, Evie, the daughter of the evil Queen Grimhilde, Jay, the son of Jafar from Aladdin, and Carlos, the son of Cruella. Along with the children of some of the well known Disney heroes, like Ben, son of Belle and the Beast, Audrey, Aurora’s daughter, Chad, Cinderella and Prince Charming’s son, and Jane, Cinderella’s fairy Godmother’s daughter. 

All of the villains and their children have been banished to the Isle of the Lost, until four of the children of the most evil villains of them all are invited to attend Auradon Prep by the to-be king, Prince Ben. Their parents send them off, but with an order. They are to bring back Fairy-Godmother’s wand so they can destroy the magical barrier between the Isle and Auradon and take over. Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos will have to make a decision: Will they follow in their parents footsteps and be evil, or choose to be good?

DISNEY’S DESCENDANTS features lots of the most popular songs from all three of the Descendants movies such as, “Rotten to the Core,” “Ways to be Wicked”, “If Only,” “Evil Like Me,” and “Chillin’ Like a Villain.”

The main role of Mal is being played by Mackenzie Shotts, her crew “The Evils” are played by Mylene Buffone, as Evie, Clark McKee as Jay, and Sara Willard as Carlos. Ben is played by Josh McIsaac.

Come on out and get ready for an awesome show, because it’s going to be totally wicked!

Donate to The Stinger

Your donation will support the student journalists of Marion Center Area High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.